Ok, we know vets and trainers all say don’t feed from the table. But, hey, we’re only human! Here are some dog-safe treats to share with your favorite table-beggar:
1. Peanut Butter– Healthy vegetable proteins, and a dog-favorite taste combine for a perfect dog treat.
2. Chicken– With skin removed, chicken is almost all lean protein
3. Cheese– For lactose-tolerant dogs, a favorite of all breeds.
4. Baby Carrots – Raw, any vegetable can be a crunchy treat for many dogs.
5. Salmon– Packed with healthy omega-3 fats.
6. Eggs– Contains rich protein and vitamins.
7. Popcorn– Plain-popped contains just healthy carbs and little fat.
These scraps should only be treats and comprise no more than 10% of your dog’s daily diet. A veterinarian-approved dry or wet dog food should be the bulk of a dog’s diet.